Our client, a top tier management consulting firm is looking for an OFAC Sanctions Analyst who would be responsible for minimising the company's exposure to risk by conducting various operations across the Financial Intelligence Unit including monitoring, identifying, and detecting suspicious activities and trends through various systems/applications.
This position conducts analysis and investigations related to Sanctions risk exposure. Activities may include quantitative analysis, risk identification and remediation (largely L1 and L2 alerts). Represents or supports the representation of the company to minimize compliance and regulatory risk by resolving issues and ensuring adherence to company and legal standards. Responsible for ensuring that all of the company's activities adhere to the necessary rules and regulations, and that the company complies with legal/regulatory statutes and jurisdictions.
- Advises and educates lines of business (LOBs) in order to ensure full AML compliance.
- Monitors, tracks, and identifies suspicious activities and trends through various systems/applications.
- Conducts due diligence and recommends appropriate risk-based business actions to be taken concerning client relationship onboarding or ongoing monitoring.
- Assists Team Manager with coaching new hire analysts and cross-trains on various operations across the FIU as needed by production volumes.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of OFAC sanction experience, in the Financial Services Industry.
- Knowledge of financial crimes software (Bridger, Fircosoft) strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with Sanctions alert investigations
- Robust knowledge and understanding of AML/BSA/OFAC legal and regulatory matters affecting the compliance program.
- Ability to gather and process statistical data in order to forecast team workflow requirements
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and accuracy under pressure
- Strong PC skills including Excel, PowerPoint and Process Flow Creation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- CAMS designation preferred