Our client, a top-tier Management and Strategy consulting firm, is actively seeking a Swap Dealer Portfolio Reconciliation Specialist (Middle Office) to join their team. The Global Markets Portfolio Reconciliation Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the quarterly portfolio reconciliation process for the swap dealer desk for non-cleared swap portfolios. This includes ensuring all portfolios have been accurately captured by Citizens’ internal systems, and logging, investigating and resolving any discrepancies in material terms or portfolio valuations. This role will require the specialist to collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders, which include Financial Entities and other counterparties to ensure timely and accurate resolution of any discrepancies.
The candidate should demonstrate general knowledge of foreign exchange, interest rate, and commodity derivative products. The candidate is ideally proficient in using reconciliation tools and systems. This role requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Verify the accuracy of valuation and material terms breaks and ensure that breaks are escalated and explained
- Identify and investigate discrepancies between the internal material terms and those of the counterparties for trades
- Ensure all portfolio valuations have been accurately captured and match with those of counterparties
- Provide portfolios to counterparties for reconciliations and communicate with counterparties in the case of breaks
- Collaborate with middle office, valuation, and operations teams to resolve any discrepancies found during the reconciliation process
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all reconciliation activities
- Implement and maintain an effective control framework to ensure the ongoing quality of portfolio reconciliation processes and procedures
- Assist in ad-hoc requests related to operational investigations and make recommendations on process gaps and technological changes
- Continuously improve the process to minimize errors and increase efficiency