Our client, a top-tier Management and Strategy consulting firm, is actively seeking a Swap Dealer Portfolio Reporting Specialist to join their team. Within Global Markets Operations, the SDR Reporting Specialist plays a critical role in ensuring that Client’s Swap Data Repository (SDR) submissions comply with all relevant regulatory (CFTC, Canada, EMiR, FCA) reporting requirements. The role requires the Specialist to collaborate with various internal stakeholders, including Technology, Compliance, Trading, Legal and Operations teams at various levels across the bank to ensure timely and accurate resolution of any discrepancies. The candidate should demonstrate in-depth knowledge of foreign exchange, interest rate, and commodity over-the-counter derivative products.
The Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the submission, monitoring, and validation process for reporting Client’s swaps activity, including both Part 43 Real Time Reporting and Part 45 Swap Data Reporting, to ensure all trade information is reported accurately, completely, and in a timely manner. The candidate will be expected to execute processes for the identification and correction of SDR errors and omissions, investigate any rejected submissions, and prioritize and categorize reporting issues as they may arise. The Specialist is also responsible for driving any regulatory reporting changes arising out of CFTC or DTCC requirements, in conjunction with relevant stakeholders. The candidate is ideally proficient in using transaction reporting systems such as S&P Global’s Cappitech, or have experience with proprietary reporting systems, trading system workflows and data lineage exercises. This role requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Daily review of trade records and transmission data to ensure all relevant data is collected and reported in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintaining accurate records of all swap transactions and regulatory submissions
- Work closely with various teams, including Compliance, Operations, and Technology, to develop and improve processes for timely, accurate, and complete SDR reporting.
- Periodic (as required by regulation) reconciliation of trades between Client Bank, N.A, Cappitech and DTCC as Swap Data Repository
- Identify any opportunities for improved efficiency and streamlined processes.
- Monitor SDR data integrity, identifying any errors or omissions and promptly correcting them.
- Escalation and reporting of errors and omissions within established regulatory guidelines.
- Develop and maintain internal controls for SDR reporting to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate with vendors and stakeholders to manage data exceptions and make corrections as necessary.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of CFTC rules governing real time reporting and swap data reporting for swap dealer reporting counterparties.
- Oversee completion of monthly reconciliation of DTCC Trade State data vs Client’s data.