We talked with Rachna Singh, Talent Acquisition Manager at TheStaffed, about what clients and candidates are currently looking for and how TheStaffed provides them with quality staffing solutions.
What makes TheStaffed different from other firms?
TheStaffed’s vision is to work with clients that value their employees. We recognize staffing is a human experience and not something transactional. The same goes for the way we treat our own team members. TheStaffed doesn’t view candidates as cash cows, looking to make a quick dollar after placing them to a job that may not be the right fit. Instead, we see them as experts in their respective fields. We take their skillset coupled with their other wants in a potential match and find a career that fits their specific qualifications and desires. Whether it’s time sensitive, a niche or scarce skillset, a difficult location, a senior or a confidential hire, it’s necessary to have patience and faith in the candidates’ s expertise, which TheStaffed does methodically. We hold team meetings and brainstorming sessions to create rigorous methodologies and strategies to find the best Fintech talent with our available resources. Because recruiting is not once-size-fits all, every position requires a different tailored approach.
At TheStaffed, we understand that our clients and candidates are the foundation of our success. That’s why we prioritize their well-being and satisfaction throughout the entire process. We begin our process by thoroughly understanding the needs of both our candidates and clients and matching them to the best opportunities possible. We are dedicated to providing a positive and professional experience, and we always keep open lines of communication throughout the process. Additionally, we provide ongoing support and resources to ensure that both our candidates and clients are able to succeed in their new roles. We are committed to building long-term relationships based on trust and mutual respect.
What is it like working with your team?
Working with my team is a truly fulfilling and enjoyable experience. My team members are all highly skilled and knowledgeable in their respective fields, which makes for a dynamic and stimulating work environment. We work collaboratively and support one another, which helps us to achieve great results together.
Our team operates in a very open and transparent manner, which allows for effective communication and fosters a positive, inclusive culture. Everyone is encouraged to share their ideas and perspectives, which leads to a diversity of thinking and innovative solutions. We are also very goal-oriented, but we always make sure to have fun and celebrate our successes together. The companionships and sense of belonging in the team is something that makes me look forward to working every day. I don’t get the Monday blues like many other office workers; I genuinely love what I do. Overall, working with my team has been a great experience, and I feel fortunate to be a part of it.
What is your position and how do you help create success for TheStaffed?
As a manager of talent acquisition, my primary responsibility is to lead and manage the recruitment process. This includes developing and implementing recruiting strategies as well as managing the recruitment budget.
One of the key aspects of my role is to stay informed about the job market and industry trends, so that we can attract the best talent and keep up with competitors. I also work closely with my company’s Account Managers to understand the client’s specific needs and then find the right skilled candidates that will be also be a good culture-fit. I also am responsible for ensuring that our recruitment process is fair, inclusive and efficient.
Another important aspect of my role is to use data and metrics to measure the effectiveness of our recruitment strategies and to make data-driven decisions. I use recruiting metrics such as time-to-fill, cost-per-hire, and quality-of-hire to evaluate and improve our recruitment process. Overall, as a manager, my role is to ensure that our organization is able to attract and retain the best talent, while maintaining the company’s values and core mission.
What is something candidates are looking for in an employer?
Candidates are typically looking for a variety of things when considering potential employers. Some of the most common things candidates look for include:
- Stability in terms of competitive pay: Candidates want to feel fairly compensated for their work.
- Professional development opportunities: Candidates want to work for employers that invest in their growth and development, and that offers opportunities for advancement and potential upskilling.
- An inclusive and welcoming company culture: Candidates are looking for an employer that aligns with their values, promotes work-life balance, and fosters a positive, inclusive work environment.
- Job security: Candidates want to work for employers that are financially stable, have a good track record of employment and a clear vision for the future.
- Good work-life balance: Candidates want to maintain a healthy balance between their personal and professional lives.
- Flexibility: Candidates are looking for employers that offer flexibility such as remote work options, hybrid models and flexible schedules.
- Employee recognition and appreciation: Candidates want to work for employers that value and recognize their contributions.
- Recognized brand: Candidates want to work for employers that are well-known and respected in their industry.
It’s important to note that what candidates are looking for in an employer varies based on factors such as career stage, location, and industry.
Hiring managers are typically looking for a variety of things when considering potential candidates. Some of the most common things hiring managers look for include:
- Relevant skills and qualifications: Hiring managers want to see that a candidate has the necessary skills and qualifications to perform the job. This includes education, relevant work experience, and technical skills.
- A good fit for the company culture: Hiring managers want to find candidates that align with the company’s values and will fit well into the existing team.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude: Hiring managers are looking for candidates who have a strong work ethic and positive attitude. They want candidates who are reliable, dependable and willing to take initiative.
- Good communication skills: Hiring managers want to see that a candidate can communicate effectively and professionally, whether it’s in person, over the phone or in writing.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills: Hiring managers want to see that a candidate can think critically and come up with solutions to problems.
- Flexibility and adaptability: Hiring managers are looking for candidates who can adapt to changing circumstances and handle multiple tasks or projects at once.
- A track record of success: Hiring managers want to see that a candidate has a track record of success in previous roles and has achieved positive results.
- Positive references: Hiring managers want to see that a candidate has positive references from previous employers or supervisors.
I currently serve as the Manager of Talent Acquisition at TheStaffed. I have overall 10 years of experience – 5 years in the recruitment industry and 5 years in marketing and communications.
My experience in recruitment includes both technical and functional roles, which has given me a broad understanding of the hiring process. In my current role, I lead and manage the recruitment process at TheStaffed and ensure that we are able to attract and retain the best talents for our prestigious clients.
In my spare time, I enjoy singing, painting and traveling. I am a cat person and consider myself a night owl. I hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and believe education is an ongoing process. I am always learning and improving my skills; and always willing to take on new challenges and responsibilities. I am excited to be a part of TheStaffed team and look forward to helping the organization continue to grow and succeed.
Are you looking for a new role in the Fintech space? Contact Rachna today!
TheStaffed is a visionary organization that fosters an environment where equal importance is placed on our clients – their success, and our staff – their professional and personal well-being. Headquartered in Florida, we support hiring from coast-to-coast supporting national, regional, and local finance companies. We specialize in Financial Services, focusing on Corporate & Investment Banking, Wholesale/Retail Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Commercial Banking.
Our differentiated approach entails utilizing industry-leading tools and processes along with direct industry experiences to eliminate current staffing challenges and to connect hiring managers with fully vetted, highly qualified job seekers.